Battle of the Books
Meetings every Thursday, at lunch!
Put your reading and trivia skills to the ultimate test!
The Battle of the Books is an optional reading club that will meet weekly, culminating in a quiz-show style competition to see which team has read most widely and remembers the most details. This program encourages students to read for comprehension while nurturing an enthusiasm and love for reading. Students who participate will be expected to read several books from a list of titles, attend weekly lunchtime meetings in the library, and participate in the final competition. Participants will receive a T-shirt and all the honor and glory befitting them.
The school’s winning teams will go on to compete against teams from other middle schools in an evening competition in April.
Bring your lunch and meet your teammates!
The BoB List for 2019-2020!
- Nimona by Stevenson
- A Crack in the Sea by Bouwman
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Kelly
- A Night Divided by Nielsen
- The Nest Oppel
- Spooked! How a Radio Broadcast and the War of the Worlds Sparked the 1938 Invasion of America by Jarrow
- The Endless Steppe by Hautzig
- El Deafo by Bell
- The Outsiders by Hinton
- How it Went Down by Magoon
- With the Fire on High by Acevedo
- On the Come Up by Thomas
- A Mango Shaped Space by Mass
- The Size of the Truth by Smith
- The Only Road by Diaz
- Scythe by Schusterman
- War of the Worlds by Wells
- The House of the Scorpion by Farmer
- Dreadnought by Daniels
- Last Shot by Feinstein
BUSD BoB Titles 2018-2019, Official Battle of the Books list for 2018-2019